We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including your name, company, email address and other information);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name, company, email address and other information);
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
Using your personal data
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications, which you have specifically requested
- send to you marketing communications relating to our business, which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology. You can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us at email@example.com
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website. We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- Other disclosures
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
For full details of how we use and store your personal data, in line with the requirements of GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018, please see our full Privacy Notices:
Perry Appleton Private Clients (non website) Privacy Notice
Perry Appleton Risk Services (non website) Privacy Notice
We may send a cookie, which may be stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website's usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and/or to personalise our website for you.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking 'Tools', 'Internet Options', 'Privacy', and selecting 'Block all cookies' using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
For more information about cookies visit www.allaboutcookies.org this gives details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
These cookies are used to collect information about how customers use our site.
They are collected in an anonymous form and tell us the number of visitors to the site and the pages they visit. They allow us to analyse how customers use the site and help us to improve the structure.
We cannot identify you personally in this way.
International data transfers
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00). You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on, are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate/engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. Neither this website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls (web addresses). This is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo .
Users are advised to take caution and good judgment before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Resources & Further Information
Data Protection Act 1998
Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 - The Guide
Perry Appleton Group is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability.
This site has been developed in accordance with accessibility standards and guidelines and endeavours to conform to the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0. These guidelines detail the methods that should be employed to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities. Conformance with these guidelines also helps to make a site more user-friendly for all users.
This site has been built using code compliant with the World Wide Web Consortium's standards for XHTML and CSS. It displays correctly in current browsers and on Mac and PC platforms. Using standards compliant XHTML/CSS code ensures that future browsers will display it correctly.
Whilst this site strives to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, if you should find that you experience any difficulty in accessing any area of this site, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Website Compliance Officer,
3 Newbold Road,